Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Jingle Juice


OMG! When is the economy ever going to turn up?!? You people need to travel! Spend your money with me! Doesn't Barbados or Jamaica sound lovely this time of year? Wouldn't you rather spend the holidays on a deserted beach instead of in an itchy wool reindeer sweater that Aunt Lou insisted on? Me too! (The beach, not the sweater part) Ok, ok. Maybe my budget won't allow for it this year either but if you want to go, call me! I need something to do around here...So, if you do end up at crazy Aunt Lou's this weekend your going to need some juice. Jingle Juice that is!!! Try this recipe out! My friend made it last year for my Holiday Cocktail Competition and it won the grand prize! (I think the prize was an itchy wool elf sweater from Aunt Lou's but who's counting!)


Jingle Juice:


  • 5 cups Orange Juice

  • 1 cup Vodka (you know I like Stoli)

  • 1/3 cup Orange Liqueur (I like Grand Marnier but Triple Sec will do too)

  • 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice

  • 1/2 cup maraschino cherry juice

Garnishes: Fruit flavored candy canes, maraschino cherries, lemon and orange slices


Stir together orange juice and next four ingredients. Serve over ice and garnish! Makes 1 1/2 quarts.


If you need to make a non-alcoholic version, (I shudder to think) omit the vodka and orange liqueur and add 2 cups of Sprite for a Rudolph Spritzer

No comments: