Friday, February 20, 2009

TGIF!


Thank Goodness It's Friday!!! I am especially excited about this weekend since it's gonna be a Girls Weekend! Some of my favorite aspects of this quintessential weekend (besides the camaraderie, girl talk, shopping, etc) are, of course, the cocktails! And what's better than sitting on the water with your girlfriend(s) and sipping a fun festive martini? Listening to the waves roll in and the gossip roll out! Love it!!! So take the time this weekend and make a cocktail for your loved one, whether it be a girlfriend, boyfriend, sister, brother, mother or neighbor. Water and/or waves are optional but do try this Lemon Drop Martini for Two!!!

Lemon Drop Martini:
  • Juice of 6 lemons
  • 4 tablespoons of sugar
  • 6 fresh mint leaves
  • 8 ounces of Stoli vodka
  • extra sugar for the glass rim

Combine the lemon juice, 4 tablespoons of sugar, and vodka in your ice filled martini shaker. Shake well and pour into two sugar rimmed martini glasses (To rim the glasses, run a lemon wedge around the edge of the glass and then roll edge in sugar). I love garnish so throw a little lemon slice on the glass edge or top with a lemon twist!

*Hint*- I really enjoy ice cold martinis so I always pack my glasses with ice while I am mixing my concoction. And of course, knock the ice out before pouring in your Lemon Drop Martini.

No comments: