Monday, December 15, 2008

Upon return from Ireland,


Upon my return from Ireland, I am missing the tall, dark and handsome young things I left behind. Of course I am talking about freshly poured pints of Guinness!!! My Goodness My Guinness! What did you think I was talking about? Anyway, why does Guinness taste so much better on the Emerald Isle? I blame it on all the craic. That's "craic" not "crack" ya'll! (even though its pronounced the same way) Craic is all the fun and jolly good times to be had in Ireland. If your evening has been filled with craic, its been a great night! Even though the Irish aren't so fond of Queen "Vicky" or of her husband Prince Albert, December 14th marks the anniversary of his death back in 1861. And since there was a drink actually created in commemoration of his passing, let's have a few no matter your political beliefs!!!


Black Velvet

  • 3 ounces chilled Guinness

  • 3 ounces chilled Champagne

Slowly pour the ingredients in order into a Champagne flute. Don't stir.


No comments: