Wednesday, March 11, 2009

In preparing for St. Patrick's Day...


In preparing for St. Patrick's Day and a fun weekend of pre-parties, I started thinking of something a little different to prepare. I love Jameson whether its on the rocks, with ginger, coke or cranberry, etc. But I did see this fun concoction on the Jameson Irish Whiskey homepage. I think I will try this one out on of my friends and family Saturday night! I am also including a different kind of recipe, one for food. And I know what your thinking, "There are FOOD recipes?!" Well, yes, there are. You just don't find them here. And sometimes you do need something else besides deep fried egg rolls, Gilroy's pizza, and those yummy Amy's organic burritos! Try a muffin, you fool!

The Perfect Jameson and Lemonade

  • 1 1/2 ounces of Jameson
  • 4 ounces of soda water (approximately)
  • juice of 1/2 a lemon
  • 3 teaspoons of granulated sugar

Place the sugar and the lemon juice in a highball glass and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Then add the Jameson, stir and top with ice. Finish by topping with soda water and garnish with a wedge of lime.


Jameson Whiskey Clove Muffins

2 cups white flour
1 cup sugar
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon ground cloves
¾ cup milk
½ cup butter, melted
2 eggs, beaten
¼ cup Jameson Irish Whiskey
1 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 425 F

Sift dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Add milk, melted butter, eggs and whiskey and stir thoroughly. Add chopped nuts. Stir quickly and pour into large muffin tins lined with paper. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until well risen and firm to the touch. (Yield: 12 muffins)

*Note* The above picture is me at the ruins of St. Kevin's in Glendalough, Ireland in December 2008. Read the fascinating history of Glendalough at Sacred Destinations. And no, I am not hugging St. Kevin's cross due to my consumption of Jameson!

No comments: