Friday, March 6, 2009

Southern Belle Hibiscus



I just bought my first round of hibiscus for the season! That being said, I actually just bought a $3 pack of 10 seeds. Well with this economic mess we are all in, I had to start small this year (literally). I have never grown hibiscus from seeds so this will be an adventure in my green-thumb-edness. They are called Southern Belle Hibiscus and are hardy perennials (we'll see, won't we?). Not only do I love hibiscus but these are actually called "southern belles" so the truth be told, the name did have a lot to do with my purchase. And I won't have to drag these in and out of the house during the cold! Speaking of cold, what's up with this weather? I'm freezing!


Here's a pink drink to go with my seedlings!


Pinky:


  • 1 ounce of Limoncello

  • 1 ounce of Stoli vodka

  • Cranberry juice to taste

Shake Limoncello and vodka. Pour into a short (or tall) cocktail glass filled with lots of ice. Add cranberry juice to taste. Garnish with a lemon or lime for a pop of color!

No comments: